We talked about the amazing 'Lord Whitney' and how they got to where they are, these things stood out to us...
- Drive and passion, they never gave up!
- Undertook loads of voluntary work
- They know there strengths and where they lie in the market
- They are able to come up with a visual concept for clients on briefs
- They also have a unstoppable work ethic
We also discussed four areas such as...
- Our own practice - how we work, ability to work on collaborative projects as well as using self initiative, identifying own strengths and weakness, having self belief
- Technology - Up-skilling and being versatile, willing to try new things and take risks, apps and Ipads, how it alters illustration and the way we work
- Marketing - being pro-active, blogs, twitter, voluntary, networking and standing out from the crowd and getting yourself known
- Recession - Does it make the industry tougher or have we always had to work hard regardless?