Friday 12 April 2013

Art Therapy Placement

Today was the last day of my Art Therapy Placement at the Meadows Community Care Home in Stockport as we have now fully completed the task of decorating garden posts with mosaic tiles etc to be displayed in the communal gardens.

The placement has involved working with patients who have been diagnosed with Dementia, along side Occupational Nurses and students.  I'm really glad I volunteered as it's been really rewarding to spend just a few hours of my time helping others.  I have also learnt by taking part in opportunities like this that it may help me in the future if for example I am tasked with a brief that has similar or related subject matter.  I also enjoy meeting people from diverse walks of life as I think it is relevant to being a Illustrator and a visual communicator.

The Occupational Nurse advised that she has seen what a positive impact the activity has made on the patients, I hope I get the chance to go back again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment