Saturday 8 September 2012

And so the journey begins...

This is the very first post here in my blog! I hope to share all the magical, bonkers and heavily creative stuff I get up to and share the things that make me tick and want to draw lots of pictures, I also will use this as a way of reflecting back on my journey through my Illustration Degree and up to and beyond the point of being unleashed into the world of Illustration when I have completed my degree.

Afters years and years of feeling creatively frustrated in offices, doodling frantically on the corner of reports and staring out of the canteen window on lunch breaks, imagining what my life would of been like or could be like if I had the chance to do a Illustration degree and had the freedom to be as creative and playful as I wanted.  That was all about to change!…

I was made redundant last summer from my job as a Caseworker and woke up one morning and made the decision to do the degree, It was now or never! There was no going back.  Being creative is who I am and what I am about.  I had a mixed bag of opinions from people who doubted my decisions, but my mind was all made up and I followed my passions and my dream.

Needless to say, I haven’t regretted one bit of it!.  Despite the ups and downs, the low paid jobs I have fitted in around the degree and the financial struggles I have faced, It has been so worth it! So far I have met lots of wonderful, lovely people and the tutors are really inspirational and supportive.  I have loved every module we have been tasked with and I am learning and taking in so much about Illustration and also about myself as a person.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy experiencing and living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment