Tuesday 4 December 2012

Map in progress

Over the weekend I have been working on 'On the Map project',  I decided to make my map in 3D for this project as I have developed a keen interest in making over the last year.  I visited charity shops and had a look around in my box of oddities and gathered together some objects I could paint or alter to fit in with the theme of my weekend, a trip to Hobbycraft also took place and so I began to make, glue and paint.

I really love the idea that as people we become are own visual map based on experiences, things we collect and stuff we do etc etc.  I used a wardrobe style jewellery box as the basis and have been making bits to go inside and visualising the senses I experienced on the front of it by use of painting.  It's slowly coming together, here are some photos of my progress so far.









No comments:

Post a Comment