Friday 8 February 2013

Occupational Health - Art Therapy Placement

Today I met with Emma the Occupational Therapist and 3 other Occupation Health students from Salford University.  I really enjoyed discussing our ideas about the activities we plan to do with the patients and also how much I learnt about the The Meadows Centre and also Occupational Health.

I will be volunteering at The Meadows centre every Friday for 3-4 hours and my task will be to work with Rosewood patients who have been diagnosed with Dementia or Alzheimer's and provide Art Therapy via various activities themed with nature and the garden.  We came up with various activities such as painting to stimulate the senses, building and painting a totem pole made from wood, planting plants and decorating plant pots and also making collages around nature.

I am really looking forward to starting the placement and think it will be challenging but very rewarding. I love working with and meeting people from all walks of life and backgrounds as I think it opens my eyes to new things and I learn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment