Monday 11 March 2013

Thing about studios...

I am not sure why, but I really love seeing artists work spaces and studios.  They really intrigue me and I think they say alot about the artist or Illustrator.  When I visited New York last November we went to see Andre Da Loba's studio in Brooklyn...wow!, the studio was like a gallery in itself, cram-packed with things that he had created, made and painted.  I think it's really important to have a personal space where you can just be creative and feel relaxed.

I have my own little art room where I keep all my things that I make, things I collect, paints and strange oddities that may be used one day for a project!.  I found these pictures the other day via Face book for Lia Kent who is a visual artist that works in mixed media alot.  I went crazy over the pictures of her studio and things that are in her studio, it made me realise how dull and boring my room looks! So I now feel inspired to spruce it up when I finish for summer!.

I also loved the 'inspiration board' - what a great idea!

This is the link to her page https://www.facebook.com/ArtJunk

No comments:

Post a Comment