Friday 3 January 2014

Major Project

Firstly Happy New Year!, I have been enjoying a short break and now I am ready to get cracking on my Major Project, it's really exciting and also mind blowing how I only have 4 months left of uni, time has flown by.  I am feeling really positive about this year, and want to really just enjoy this project and work hard. 

So we were issued a Proposal/Brief form to complete over the break to complete with our ideas, aims and thoughts, ever since then my mind has been buzzing with ideas, the first thing that came into my mind was a Theatre or Circus, as in my mind they can be anything you want them to be, filled with the weird and wonderful, the unknown, mysterious and maybe even scary!.

Throughout my journal I have been discussing the fascination with Memory & Curiosity within my own work, and I think connecting this into the idea of Circus or Theatre will be beautiful.  I am still really passionate about animating the things I make and have thought about making an I-Stop piece, however it's still early days.  I also personally feel that due to the increased use of ipads, tablets and smart phones that the idea of play, wonder and imagination have been hindered, and it is something I feel strongly about and would like to explore in my Major Project outcome.

When I thought about the idea of Theatre/Circus I instantly recalled watching Sarah Orenstein's 'Windows, Masks & Doors' - It's such an amazing creation, there was connections to memories from her childhood in their too, which was very humbling as this is another area of interest.

I plan to discuss my ideas with my tutors, then I plan to start researching, collecting and drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment