Monday 20 January 2014

Light & Shadow Puppet Placement - Refugee Action, Manchester

Today I met with the Development Worker at Refugee Action based in Manchester as I will be volunteering on the creative project over the next few months.  I was really keen to get involved on this project as I am really interested in people and their life experiences, I also see art as a therapy myself and wanted to give something back to an organisation who really help other people in the community.

During the project I will be working with an artist, volunteers and individuals on the programme by making shadow puppets and bringing them to life with the help of a local drumming group.  My role will be to support the artist, facilitate with group meetings and help with making the puppets.  I will also have a chance to talk to the people within the group and find out about them.

I am really looking forward to getting started with this project and I think it will be a great experience.  I look forward to sharing some photographs of the puppets later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment