Monday 27 January 2014

Refugee Action Introduction - Friday 24th January.

On Friday I met with the adults and children who I will be working with during this project.  During the session we acted out a scenario based on a journey we have experienced in our life, the adults shared with us stories about their lives and things that they have endured which were very upsetting and  over touching.

The adults will be creating shadow puppets to visualise their stories and experiences with the addition of music that will be created in response to the stories and will be recorded before the final show.  During the session I also helped the children with drawing pictures, they really enjoyed it and I plan to think of a few activities that I can do with the children over the next few weeks such as mask and puppet making.

I am always keen to meet people from all walks of life as I think it opens up your mind to life and different cultures.  Friday most definitely opened up my eyes and put things into perspective.  The people I met had so much courage and strength and were a joy to work with.  I am really looking forward to the next session.

No comments:

Post a Comment