Monday 21 April 2014

Josser - Secret life of a Circus Girl - Nell Stroud

I think I have become a bit obsessed with the Circus the last few months!, I finished this book by Nell Stroud about her life in the Circus and it really was fascinating how hard they work day in day out in rough conditions, yet they are driven by their lives in the circus ring, they mentioned how their life is their art.

''Perhaps the whole of my circus career has been this: a search for authenticity.  But it occurs to me that this might be a characteristic of human experience known to all: a search for a place where we can stay and know that we belong''

I loved this quote, reminded me of myself! It's also what the theme in my project is about... letting go, and being who you want to be in a place where nothing matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment